Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hope

Ah, yes. The shots are finished. Thank you, God! The box-o- meds is dwindling. In fact, tonight I only had to take my prenatal vitamins (which aren't even pictured!). What's more, the two left-most bottles will be gone tomorrow; leaving only the Prometrium during the 2ww. I'm sure it will be the longest 2 weeks of my life.

I am unbelievably excited about tomorrow. I'm even a little teary at the thought of the potential impact tomorrow may have on our lives. I'm optimistic to a fault, as usual, so I really hope this is our time. But, even if it's not, I am comforted to know that we have a fail-safe. In this moment, I realize the value of the shared-risk program is priceless, worth every penny. So tonight as I crawl in bed, say my prayers, and toss and turn unable to sleep for excitement, I will breath a little sigh of relief that I don't have to stake all my hope on the outcome of the events of the next 4 days.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.
Think not about your
frustrations, but about
your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with

what you tried and failed in, but with what
it is still possible for you to do.

-- Pope John XXIII.

2 comments:

alicia said...

Good luck today!!! I am saying a prayer for you right now!! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren-- was saying prayers for you before I even knew today was the day. Stay busy (to distract you a little) and keep your eyes on the prize!

Stephanie