Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Eyes on the Prize

For the record, St. Patty's Day was pretty rough. No, I didn't indulge in the spirits and spend the evening hugging the toilet. Instead, I came home from work with a raging headache and spent the evening in bed hugging my body pillow. If I haven't mentioned it before, I am restricted to the medications allowed a pregnant woman without benefit of knowing I am actually carrying my unborn child.

Tylenol. That pretty much sums up what OTC meds I'm allowed to take (above and beyond the hords prescribed to me for IVF). So, yesterday, I unhappily swallowed the little yellow and red wonders and waited for the light-fearing, nausea inducing vexation to cease. It didn't. I rose from bed Monday evening only long enough to receive another belly injection and bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Forgot my pre-natal vitamin all together and awoke this morning with the same lingering annoyance. I know I sound terribly whiny. I don't normally get headaches. Nor do I normally inject high-dose hormones into my stomach. Enough said. Small price to pay for the big joy at the end. Well, maybe if we're lucky, right? Eyes on the prize. Besides, tomorrow we go back to the doctor to check on those glorious follicles that, thanks to all the headache inducing mega hormones, should be plumping up nicely. Here's hoping we get good news on that front! Cheers!

1 comments:

alicia said...

GROW follies GROW!! Hope the headache stops!