Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend......








We had an action packed weekend of farming, and visiting w/ Brad's brother, Brian, sister-in-law Natalie, and niece Gabrielle and our good friends Mike, Jenn & little surrogate nephew Nate (not that these pictures reflect that). The farming was Saturday morning. My good friend and co-worker Jenny-G's husband picked me up at 6:30 am and we drove 45 minutes to the CSA farm that we are getting produce from this yr. EVERYTHING is done by hand on this natural/non-certified organic farm. I literally filled and toted more than THIRTY 5-gallon buckets of water laced w/ a natural, fish-gut based fertilizer to and from the fields and scooped water by the measuring cup full onto budding plants. We worked for nearly five hrs then drove back home where I took Tylenol and a shower followed by nursing Ben, eating granola, and taking an hr long nap. Some farmer I am. Later that night, Brian, Natalie, and Gabrielle made it to our house from Memphis. Sunday morning we headed to the Newport Aquarium w/ Brian, Natalie, Gabrielle, Jennifer, Mike and Nate. We had a great visit and I'm sorry we don't have any pictures of the rest of our group to show everyone. Our camera has issues and is getting closer and closer to a 1.5 lb paperweight by the day. Fortunately, Jenn was kind enough to download pics from her AMAZING camera onto my lowly laptop. Doesn't Ben look adorable? I know, I'm terribly biased.

Speaking of Ben, he is growing and developing so quickly! I can't believe he is pushing 6 months old. So far, he has eating rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, carrots, avocado, & butternut squash. He may turn into a banana. On the other hand, he didn't like avocado and peas gave him a stomach ache. On the motor front, he loves the Jump-a-Roo we borrowed from aunt Jenn, he is a rolling fool, master of tummy time (no 4 point yet), sitting pretty well unassisted but frequently falls over, and pinching me regularly. He is babbling and drooling and smiling ear to ear. Yesterday I noticed a tiny bit of tooth breaking through his front bottom gums. Gulp. Here's hoping he doesn't fully cut that tooth during a nursing session.

BTW, just wanted to say thanks to all our American troops serving at home and abroad! We appreciate your sacrifices big and small! Thank you, thank you!

0 comments: