Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving w/ my Grandma



Ok. So I fully acknowledge the degree to which I am behind in updating the ole' blog. Let today be my 'catch up' session. This is a pictorial account of the Thanksgiving festivities at my Grandma's nursing home on Sunday, November 16th.

Adorable pic of Colton, my nephew, enjoying the brisk fall weather! He especially enjoyed running through all the leaves!


This next pic makes me a little sad...seeing my grandma, a once stout hardworking lady, looking so frail reminds me of how precious and fleeting life is....live it to it's fullest!


Below is a pic of the 'boys' (young and not so young anymore) playing
football in the courtyard of the nursing home.


My mom and Colton (below) enjoying the warmth of the day room where the feasting took place. There was quite the spread including turkey, dressing (that was my contribution...and ironically my MIL's recipe!), sweet potatoes several ways, amongst other things, and tons of desserts.



Despite the 2.5 drive in each direction, a good time was had by all. I rarely get to see this side of my family, esp. not so many of them in one location, so it was a very nice day. Hopefully we won't wait until the next wedding or funeral to gather again! LOL!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

awww... I miss your Grandma. I remember staying the night with you at her house and waking up to yummy rolls! I'm glad you got to spend some time with her.