I feel tremendously guilty. I haven't posted in more than 3 weeks. I really have intended to post on several occasions.....like 2 weeks ago for both 29 weeks pg AND Papa Bear's, aka Brad's, 30th Birthday. The thing is that he got suddenly and violently sick midday on his 30th bday, coming home and staying in bed from 2 pm on the 3rd through midday on Sunday the 5th. And I had to take care of him......also my mom came up that weekend and we made 2 baby blankets....here's one (the one I completed most of....)
- I am simultaneously an obsessive perfectionist AND procrastinator.....this does not jive well. I can often be found cleaning furiously or baking 10 things all at once at midnight the night before some big event...BUT love hosting get togethers. WTF??
- I love to bake! And cook for that matter...and not all of my creations come out well. Especially if you are victim to one of my newly thought out concoctions or other never before tried recipes.....I am the resident bday cake baker at work. Days or even weeks before their special day, my co-workers can be found sheepishly begging for their favorite bday cake dreams.....LOL. And of course modesty is my best quality...just ask me! Really truly this is one of the only talents I will own up to!!
- I love dishes! I have to restrain myself from buying them. Especially if I happen to stop into an antique shop or flea market. I own like 6 cake stands! And I know I seem cake-obsessed but honestly it is a take it or leave it dessert for me!
- I love tea! Of all kinds...served hot or cold. Being preg has put a damper on my tea drinking although I still have 1 glass of full octane sweet tea daily as well as a decaf hot tea in the a.m. Yum-o!
- I am terminally clumsy! I can trip over air! I have a number of scars to prove it! I think I have depth perception issues or something! I have a lovely roller skating related chin scar where I had stitches, a discolored area on the back of my left calf where I wiped put on the hardwood floor while running upstairs to turn off the tub I was sure I had overflown, and a misshapen thumb from a vegetable mandolin incident the weekend before new years this year where I cut off part of it and , despite the plastic wrap and ice, the detached piece was not rejoined w/ my hand!!
- I love all music and listen to it constantly. I am especially obsessed w/ Christmas music and wonder if Oct is too early to break it out...I think not since it is very cold outside today!! :)
- I think my husband is the hottest man alive! Maybe that's not so wierd but I mean it. He is aging like a fine wine! I think he will be even be more-so by the time he hits 40!
Ok people that's all I have for now! I will post a 31 weeks update and pic possibly later today. We are headed to a market in Cincinnati where they have all kinds of good eats, hopefully some heirloom pumpkins for my front porch, and some veggies for this weeks suppers! :)