Friday, September 26, 2008

Third Trimester: 7 months/28 weeks



I am officially in my third trimester! Wow! Unbelievable! The Impending Boy is kicking and moving like crazy!
By this week, our baby boy is supposed to weigh around two and a quarter pounds and measure 14-15 inches from the top of his head to his heels.....I fear he may exceed those text book expectations. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. He should be able to see the light that filters in through my belly. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


Meanwhile back at the uterus, I'm in the home stretch!
I had my glucose tolerance test and complete blood count labs done last week and since the OB said "No news is good news" and I haven't heard back from them I assume I am in the clear on those things (woo hoo for no anemia or gestational diabetes!). Since my blood type is O+, I don't have to worry about getting the injections of Rh immunoglobulin. And I have just about kicked my lingering cough and cold! Life is good! :) We are continuing to work on the nursery and have half the chair rail up awaiting wood putty and touch up paint....more on that later. Brad and I are 99% sure we will be enrolling the Impending Boy in the childcare center that has recently been completed IN our neighborhood---how convenient is that!!??!!?? (I will be returning to work 3 days/week after a 10 week maternity leave). I visited the center, "Abby's", during it's open house on Wednesday night and then met Brad there this afternoon to tour it again. I may tour some other centers next week. After that I will start the search for a pediatrician! The 'Boy' is needy already! LOL! :)

Well, I have a feeling the next few months will fly by! I initiated Christmas shopping this evening and plan to have it all completed by mid-November. We have weekend plans throughout October and November so we will have to complete home improvement projects and baby prep on week day evenings. You can't imagine the mental and literal "to do" lists I have! I plan to spend December, before baby's arrival, relaxing a bit if I can help it!


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
~ Melody Beattie ~

2 comments:

Candi said...

We made it to the 3rd trimester!! Yay! Here's to an uneventful 10-12 weeks!!

Jenn said...

I cannot believe you only have 12 weeks left! I've grown accustomed to pregnant you. :) Please please let me know what I can do to help you out in the coming months. Don't be afraid to ask for help!

Also, you look SOOO gorgeous. :)

-Jenn & Nate