Sunday, October 19, 2008

29, 30, and 31 weeks......

This is the promised catch-up post! We went to Findlay Market in Cincinnati this morning! We toured all the booths, sampling as we went and had a yummy brunch involving a divine Belgian waffle and a savory filled crepe! We bought homegrown tomatoes and asparagus, Parmesan cheese from Argentina, and chicken chorizo! Plus it was 2 1/2 hours of free entertainment. Here are some pics from this morning w/ a good friend from work and her family that accompanied us to the market. It was a perfect fall day...cool and sunny. Heavenly!
This is Brad making silly faces while we sat outside at the market enjoying the weather, people watching, and listening to a little live bluegrass music.
Here is Alana (my friend Jen Gale's dtr) and I in a self-portrait thanks to my freakishly long arms! LOL! :) Isn't she a doll!

This is Zach (Jen G's son) enjoying his photo op.
Overall, the market didn't disappoint! I would love to hit it on a Saturday when there are more booths open! I have big plans to return for some homemade adouille sausage for our Cathey family Thanksgiving weekend when there is talk of jambalaya after we tire of leftover turkey. I'll be sure to share the recipe if I am permitted by my BIL, Dale, who originally shared it w/ me!

On to the pregnancy update!! I have been a major slacker and busy lady so here is a recap of weeks 29, 30, and 31 weeks! In week 29, the impending boy was around 15 inches long and his melon was growing to accommodate is continually developing brain. He was sucking up nutrients, namely calcium to help harden his skeleton and kicking me like crazy. In week 30, baby boy was around 16 inches long. His eye sight was continuing to develop although it will still be very limited for sometime after his birth. Because baby boy has been increasingly active, I have had more and more trouble sleeping (although I can't blame his kung-fu for all my sleeplessness as I have been enjoying achy hips and knees and tingly arms and hands in the wee hours as well). During week 30, I was also supposed to expect increased clumsiness (but honestly who could tell considering my baseline clumsiness!!) and mood swings (Brad was quick to nod in agreement when I mentioned this one to him....that was really not in his best interest! LOL.). Also, Brad and I took our baby care basics class on Oct 2nd and got some practical advice and hands on practice w/ diapering, swaddling, and soothing. I'll report back in a few months on the effectiveness of that class!

Finally, here in week 31, the impending boy is supposed to be heading into a growth spurt! He is supposed to be plumping up and moving like crazy. I can definitely attest to the increase in movement! Previously, I could feel him randomly during the day and at night while I was resting, however now I feel him constantly! He is extremely active and even showed off for the doc at my OB appt this week! I have now seen all 7 of the OB's in our group and can honestly say that I am only impressed by 3 of them. This weeks doc, Dr. R, was amongst the favorites. She could palpate baby boys head-down position and was pleased to feel his strong kicks on the north end of my abdomen during the Doppler. I showed her my cankles, to which she jokingly told me the only solution for that was delivery but advised me to watch my sodium intake (hmm.. soup nearly daily at lunch is probably not a good thing, huh?) and gave me a prescription for an attractive pair of compression stockings since I am on my feet the better part of work days. My BP was nice and low so no worries there.

We are continuing the pre-baby home improvement/nesting (apparently that never ends). We bought blinds for the nursery last night and, after Brad finishes adding top soil to the flower beds, we should be installing them today! Next weekend, my family and a few friends from Louisville are scheduled to descend upon our home for our annual pumpkin carving party and my older bro , Chad, and SIL are supposed to be bringing us our crib! It is a hand-me-down from my youngest niece, Lilly, and we still need to find a matching dresser or changing table in order to fully organize the impending boys room! It is maple and since I have been looking for furniture in that tone/finish, I have come to realize it is pretty unique! Ugh! Babies R' Us only has 1 dresser in that finish! I am going to try out 2 children's consignment stores in search of a match but may end up w/ a white one instead. I have decided on simple white, lined curtains to add light-control beyond the blinds as well as insulation since baby boy will arrive at the start of winter!

So everyone is now up to speed and I vow to be more punctual w/ my updates in the future! I have hit the point in my pregnancy where I see the OB every 2 weeks instead of every month! I am a little shocked by the speed at which my pregnancy is flying by and can't believe the impending boy will be here so soon! In the meantime, here is a pic of me from today...and yes the belly is full and round!
.





1 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwww, love the nesting mama.

I can't wait till this coming weekend so I can come up and see the progress you've made on his room.

BTW your fans are clamoring for the tree picture... ;)

-Jenn & Nate