Wednesday, August 20, 2008

23 weeks

I had a doctor's appt and u/s today. The u/s was first and I was very excited to see our little boy (and yes they double checked....still a boy...LOL). [I realize this is possibly the WORST photo ever but i used my low tech scanner...aka camera to take a pic of really bad u/s prints]. The u/s tech was not exactly Miss Personality but she told us and showed us the bare minimum....Baby Boy's heart looked great, he has all his appendages, and he is growing appropriately. I couldn't help but smile w/ tears welling up in my eyes just seeing him on the screen. We are quite taken w/ him already....Brad must have squeezed my arm 2 dozen times during the 5 or 10 minutes u/s! :) Later, during the doctor's appt we discovered that he is 1 lb 6 oz....right on par per the doc and some of my readings.

This particular doc, Dr. J, makes the second in this OB group that I would rather not deliver my baby! She came in the exam room w/o ever making eye contact or introducing herself, told me my BP, urine, and weight looked fine, ask if we were having 1 baby or 2 (hello?? you are holding my chart!!!) and turned to leave. I had to stop her to express my concern for the dizziness a couple of days ago (and inform her that it had also happened a couple of weeks ago) and she said well that sounds like an inner ear problem you'll have to go see your GP (general practitioner). Considering I have never had trouble w/ that before and that PREGNANCY is the number one NEW medical condition I have, I though perhaps those two things might have been related. Naturally, I did not say that to her but........ I know, I know whining is for sissies! ;)

So feeling reassured about Baby Boy looking good but still a little worried about the on again off again dizziness. Oh well. I'll live. In the mean time, I'm enjoying WillorBen's inner aerobics....he is one busy boy!


Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of
ourselves and how little we think of the other person.
------Mark Twain

0 comments: