Sunday, April 6, 2008

1 week down, 1 week to go.....


Well, it's been a week since those 2 perfect little embryos where transferred back into their new home. I know nothing yet, but I felt it was necessary to update you all on the nothingness. I have already POAS once and it was negative. Too early, I'm sure. Patience is a tough virtue to exude during this time.

I have a multitude of symptoms that could easily be explained away as non-pregnancy related (incredibly sore tata's, intermittent nausea, fatigue, occasional twinges in the nether regions, inability to do laundry, weepiness, etc). I just popped over to Walgreen's website to check out the side effects of the Prometrium and it pretty much covers all of those symptoms. Naturally. ;) But, I'm still hoping there's a bun, or two in my oven! I'll keep you updated. I'm bound to break down and POAS at some point this week. Maybe at least we'll all be prepared for the results of the blood test come next Monday. I'm still optimistic! :)

Hoping does not mean doing nothing. It is not fatalistic resignation. It means going about our assigned tasks, confident that God will provide the meaning and the conclusion. It is not compelled to work away at keeping up appearances with a bogus spirituality. It is the opposite of desperate and panicky manipulations, of scurrying and worrying. And hoping is not dreaming. It is not spinning an illusion or fantasy to protect us from our boredom or our pain. It means a confident, alert expectation that God will do what he said he will do. It is imagination put in the harness of faith. It is a willingness to let God do it in his way and in his time. It is the opposite of making plans that we demand that God put into effect, telling him both how and when to do it.
-- Eugene Peterson.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

We're here. Waiting with you. Praying for you.

wait... wait... wait...

stick babies stick!

-Jenn & Nate