Friday, March 28, 2008

Phase 2, fertilization:???

(The picture to the left is an actual
egg
being fertilized via ICSI)

So, I got a call this morning from one of the IVF nurses. Yesterday the nurse had said that about half the eggs would fertilize; today we were informed that 7 out 8 eggs fertilized! I am elated. ICSI was definitely the route for us! We are now scheduled for the embryo transfer on Sunday morning. We have to be there at 8:15 so we should be undergoing the transfer around 8:45. We won't know until Sunday morning how many embryos survived the weekend and of what quality they are; that will determine the number of embryos they put back into my uterus. While I think it is up for discussion, it is likely that the doc will put 2 back in considering my age and their desire to keep multiples at a minimum. Brad and I are all about twins, buy one get one free! LOL!

Having the world's best idea
will do you no good unless you act on it.
People who want milk shouldn't sit on a stool
in the middle of a field in hopes
that a cow will back up to them.

-- Curtis Grant.

1 comments:

alicia said...

This is so aweomse! 7 out of 8 is great! Keep multipling little eggies! Twins would be wonderful hey? I sure hope that fortune cookie was right!