Monday, March 3, 2008

Mission Shared Risk is a "go"!!

Life is good again...no more d#$%rhea. Yeah! We found out today that my FSH level is normal (6) and we are a "go" for the shared risk program! Yeah, again! I talked to the pharmacy, who talked to my insurance, and after a little squabbling we figured out that we only have to pay 1/3 the cost of the medications for this round of IVF!!! A million yeahs! Last night, thanks to my great friend Jenn, I planted the seeds to "grow my own luck" with a four-leaf clover kit. I also received 2 books-o-games to entertain Brad and I during our expectedly boring bouts in the waiting room at the doctor's office. She gave me these this weekend to kick off our IVF extravaganza. This year at Christmas, Brad's sister, Valerie, also gave us a good luck charm/voodoo doll of sorts...a scary little fertility 'god' referred to as "The Bambino". It brought her luck in the form of her adorable son, Trey. So I think we have all our bases covered and have only to wait for time to tick by the next few weeks......


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Grow seeds grow!!

Kathy said...

I can't wait to follow your journey!

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of a friend (who sent me your blog addy), and I went through IVF last summer. Just wanted to say miracles can and DO happen in the world of infertility, and I wish you and your DH lots of luck and baby dust and all that happy stuff in hopes that THIS cycle is the ONE. If you want some add'l support, you may want to check out the newsgroup alt.infertility.primary, assuming you don't know about it already. Again, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and Brad! I love that I can read all about your IVF journey. Good luck and best wishes for a 2008 baby!!

Karla
(I couldn't figure out how to sign on so I'm officially "anonymous.")