Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas...


Christmas Eve started very early....as in just after 5 am. I got up and rolled out these cinnamon rolls to take to Ben's daycare, Brad's office, and the hospital I used to work at (and did help out at on Christmas Eve for a few hours in the morning)

..I should also add that for my first yeast-based bread product they turned out very well. It was time-consuming but not difficult. And honestly when this amount of butter is involved I don't think you can go wrong. Move over Paula Dean here comes The Pioneer Woman!



Wipe the drool off your chin and give them a try...you won't regret it! BUT be warned...this recipe made 11 pans of rolls for me! I think it's because I refrigerated the dough overnight and it expanded A LOT!



Meanwhile, back at the hospital I got to see all my old buddies (well lots of them anyhow)...

(the blonde on the right is my former student AND my replacement when I left)

...my good buddy Jenny G who apparently couldn't be bothered to look at the camera (just kidding...we'll blame Jenn D for the shoddy camera work...LOL....besides she never reads this!)

Ben decided to 'help' me bake cookies for Santa by getting into the drawer under the stove.

By 8 pm, Ben had crashed out in daddy's lap and had to skip his bath and story because there was no waking him up.

So Santa (ok lets clarify that it was Mrs. Claus) got everything arranged around the tree! The big wooden box on the left w/ the giant red bow is Ben's toy box that took Santa SIX HOURS to assemble over a 2 day period. And notice the cute little white rocker for story time!

The magical glow of the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve...you just can't beat it...


This is definitely a "visions of sugar plums" pose...what a sweet baby boy...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


0 comments: