Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Yesterday was Brad's first official Father's Day! We had a lazy day. Brad got to take 2 naps ( I took 1 but cleaned bottles and made baby food during the other) while Ben napped. We rolled around in the floor playing with the boy (who by the way is scooting on his belly but not getting all the way in 4-pt to start crawling yet). And, of course if you know Brad this won't surprise you, we had Mexican food for lunch. We ended the evening by watching 'Defiance' (which was a very good movie by the way). Ben and I got Brad a sentimental card featuring an audio clip of Homer Simpson (Homer offered Lisa a donut. She asked if he had any fruit. He said the donut had purple stuff inside and that 'purple' was a fruit). We also got Brad 3 wks of lawn care!! He works on mowing and trimming our yard for way too long every wk and I thought he deserved a break.

I will try to post some pics soon. Ben is getting big! I didn't think he could get any cuter but w/ his newly acquired two bottom front teeth he is unspeakably adorable! I suspect that his blue eyes are here to stay because they have gotten brighter and his hair is getting lighter by the day. So we may end up w/ a blonde-haired, blue-eyed child which blows my mind because Brad and I are both brown-haired, hazel-eyed people....gotta love those recessive genes.

In other news, today is our 7th wedding anniversary! :) We got each other a Wii. LOL. Very romantic, right? It was my idea! That is the traditional gift for year 7 right, video-gaming system. Yeah I thought so. And let me tell you that two day of Wii Fit w/ push ups, and yoga, and step aerobics will make you sore. Fortunately, I am about to head to a local spa for a day of pampering (my b-day gift from my boys). It has been odd to have the last hr and a half to my self in such a quiet house this morning. I took a long hot bath in prep for my tough day of spa services. Ahhh. I'll let you know how it went.....

0 comments: