Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn......



Actually were at the Hampton Inn if you must know. Caryville, TN. On a very steep hillside. We arrived after midnight; in route to Asheville, NC to visit Biltmore and Brad's family. But it's 6:14 am and I have a babe on my breast. He had been sweetly babbling since 5:30 or so and, when babbling turned to screaming, I was finally moved to tend to him. I was thinking deep thoughts as I was lying there about the comedic realm that is hotel staying. I never wash my face so thoroughly as when presented with miniature soap designated facial and french-milled and 7 wash clothes that I don't have to launder. Standing there at the sink last night in front of the tri-fold bathroom mirror with flattering lighting, I was also moved to floss, and use the "complimentary" make-up remover towelette, mouthwash, and moisturizer. Short of an actual shower, I don't know when I have ever been more well groomed.

.
.




This particular "Inn" is pretty peculiar. There are a variety of statues outside; a horse and jockey, whales, an elephant. Also there are two Model-A's (correction...one is a Model-T as you can see in the above picture) in the front circle drive. Next to the elevator there is a glass encasement featuring a leather jacket with a caption describing it as being worn by someone some 50+ yrs ago when he was shot and killed, note the bullet holes the caption insists. I have no idea if he is someone famous or historical that I should know. I'll try to catch his name on my way to the continental breakfast in an hr or so. Ahh, continental breakfast. I am giddy with excited for my free toast and coffee. Again something to do with not having to make it or clean up after myself. What can I say, I'm easy to entertain.

Ok loyal masses (all 3 or 4 of you), Ben is satiated and I am going to attempt to return his sleeping body to the portable crib and catch a few more zzz's myself. Try to contain your excitement but I intend to add some pictures of our mountain side retreat tomorrow, bullet holes and all.
.

P.S. See the comments for info on the leather jacket's owner. Also please share in my concern for the security of my internet connection via the free wi-fi.

"It always feels like somebody's watching me..."
--Michael Jackson (?)

P.P.S. More pics from the hotel....

..
Sorry I couldn't resist. A flattering pic of me...
notice its a head shot. My post-baby body is a plump,
pale disaster. Chuck Norris has a lot of work ahead of him....

.
Ironing board surfing.......imagine Brad is
humming Beach Boys right now..

..
.
Ok so the statues weren't so lame after all....

..
And the ski lift was comic relief to say the least....

1 comments:

Norris Highlands said...

The jacket belonged to the father of the man that owns that particular hotel; Haskel "Hack" Ayers... he'll probably be there to great you at breakfast.