Monday, April 20, 2009

Denied....


So much for our rainy day errands. After placing screaming, nap-needing baby in car seat against his writhing will, gathering purse, diaper bag, grocery list, and package for UPS store, we entered the car only to find the battery dead. Hmph. Nice. Took jet-engine decibeled screaming baby out of car, out of car seat, and carried him around the house until screaming stopped. Placed him in his crib where, while he is not sleeping, he is futilely but quietly rolling around eating his toes fighting the power. Please dear God let him give in.

BTW, the above pic is our new wonder device, the BabyCook. Fear not, no babies will be harmed in the use of this product. Instead, after trying various cereals, Ben will get his first tastes of real food via the BabyCook's steaming and pureeing capabilities. Special thanks to aunt Valerie for the gift certificate that covered most of it's cost. First cereal trials are set to ensue later today. Back to the BabyCook; the original one I purchased in Louisville on Easter weekend when I went to p/u my mom. When I got it home and took it out of the package, I was afronted with a clearly USED device, dried food bits included. Yuck. I was not feeling much love for Williams-Sonoma at that moment. I called them right away and, since I live 80+ miles from said store, they agreed to ship a new one immediately with the on-honor agreement that I would box up the USED one and send it back to them on their dime. That was the intended UPS store trip today. *sigh* I would call to schedule a UPS p/u at my house but apparently my cell phone is completely dead....and my fancy phone charger which links to my computer is suddenly MIA after several recent picture uploads which needed the USB port.....and there is of course the inability to use the car charger.....because of the dead battery. Today will not be productive. My house is clean. Dinner is already planned and prepped aside from cooking. Ah yes...Ben is crying again.........

Addendum to above: Ha ha! Good things come to those who wait! Ben has fallen asleep!!! I think I will pack for our trip!

0 comments: