Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tag, you're it......

It's Not All Blog, Blog, Blog, you know.

Although I told my MIL this afternoon that I probably wouldn't be updating my blog until next week when I go back to the OB, here I am blogging again. :) I have a little case of 'obsess much' re: finding out the sex of the baby.....further fueled by everyone asking when we will be able to find out. Best case scenario we find out in 5 weeks......but the OB may want to wait until the appt after that....ugh! I want to buy gender specific things and have therefore not bought ANYTHING (except white newborn socks and monkey we picked up the day we first got to 'meet' our little peanut on the u/s screen). Long story short.....I need a distraction. So I might be posting random crap on the blog in the meanwhile to pass the time.

So, as the title suggests, I got 'tagged' for a Meme... and I had no idea what that meant, but here are the rules as explained by my friend and fellow blogger Jaime:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then go to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. What was I doing ten years ago?

I was 21 years old and on summer break from OT school @ EKU. My then boyfriend was getting ready to leave for Sweden. My older brother and SIL were preparing to get married; I was a bridesmaid. I started having trouble w/ my left knee (which led to knee surgery in Nov. '98). I worked at a daycare to earn money and to have "pediatric" experience to put on my resume. ;) Six months later, I met the love of my life at his rock show in Memphis, TN at Cafe Apocalypse; he was the hot one playing the guitar. Long-distance love for 2+ years before he was lured to Louisville.....but that's another story.........



2. Five things on my to do list for today


Take prenatal vitamin (no really....I forgot it the last 2 days)

Read the 50 emails clogging my inbox--seriously there's a new board? I hadn't heard. LOL. Just kidding ladies....you know I love you. ;)

Call weird agency hired by my health insurance company to "investigate" my thumb avulsion (aka 'the incident w/ the vegetable madolin while making cucumber water') to assure them that I did it myself, it happened in my own home, and no one else could be deemed financially responsible for the accident. Geesh!

Drink more water

Find list.....LOL....I love to make lists.....thank God I tend to remember things after I write them down because I have been know to lose my lists....ironic.....

3. Snacks I enjoy


Cereal.......all varieties....currently on a Special K yogurt and berries kick....good stuff


4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire

Invest 30%, create trust funds for all the children I know, quit work but volunteer all over the world--for clean water, food, education, medical care, and various freedoms we take for granted in the great USA, give obscenely to charities, create a national chain of childcare centers w/ accessibility for differently-abled children including on-site therapy equipment for OT, PT, and SLP treatments, build houses near everyone I love so I can visit more often, buy a home in the Carribean so I can see that beautiful water more often (my happy place)....do IVF soon after our bun in the oven is born so he/she can have a sibling.......I should stop.......*sigh*



5. Places I have lived
New Albany or Jeffersonville, Indiana?? when I was a baby
Louisville, Kentucky--born and raised
Richmond, Kentucky--university
Lafayette, Indiana--internship @ Home Hospital inpt. rehab--3 months
Albuquerque, New Mexico--internship @ private hippotherapy company, yeehaw!--3 months
Rochester, Indiana--moved there for 1st job as an OT...nothing but corn
Walton, Kentucky (near Cincinnati, Ohio)--moved for Brad's job; current location


6. People I am tagging:
Candi
Amy
Jen H (you will have to post it on your board...or start a blog...hmmmm)
Mali
Kathy Pona---I won't attempt it...you know who you are.....mother of a Chinese Pollock (I mean that in a loving way) :)

Looking forward to reading your blogs ladies......

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do,
something to love, and something to hope for.
--Allan K. Chalmers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird! Just so happened that I found your blog on the nest and have been reading once in a while (congrats, btw), but I *never* find people who are ever from or have lived in IN, and you mentioned working at Home Hospital in Lafayette so I had to comment! I'm from Lafayette and was born at HH, still live here and I work for Purdue.

Small world! So Hello! :)

alicia said...

5 weeks till the sex is known awesome!!

I love all the things I am learning about you. So intrigued about how you lured him to your town???