Sunday, June 22, 2008

Showers in the forecast......


I just received news this weekend that we will be honored w/ a baby shower in August in Memphis by my in-laws. Quite a feat of coordination since lots of people are traveling from afar (including us!). I am very grateful and excited! Guess its time to actually consider what supplies it takes to care for a baby. I am open to suggestions as to people's favorite or must have baby care items! And let me in on the useless, don't bother items too!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

While NO ONE responded online, I have gotten a lot of advice on what to buy for baby and what to skip. Here are some of the must haves that I have been advised of.....
1. Medela or Ameda breast pump.
2. Wipe warmer
3. Either a comfy chair in baby's room worthy of sleeping in OR a pack-n-play or co-sleeper for night time breast feeding.
4. Playtex advent bottles, Born-free bottles, Dr. Brown's bottles.....very conflicting info here...
5. Humidifier
6. Small and large diaper bags for daily use and travel.
7. All-in-one cloth diapers
8. A baby sling/carrier
Items recommended to skip...
1. Sterilizer
2. Wipe warmer! LOL! More conflicting advice!
3. Cloth diapers...the conflicts mount!
4. Baby powder....apparently not very popular any more.

I still welcome more suggestions. I will probably register in about a month so lay it on me!