Thursday, May 8, 2008

8 Weeks: Kidney Bean


Our little "bean" is 8 weeks along! New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from our baby's hands and feet, it's eyelids practically cover it's eyes, breathing tubes extend from it's throat to the branches of it's developing lungs, and the baby's "tail" is just about gone. The baby even has knees! In baby's brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. It is too early to be daydreaming about our baby as one sex or the other, because the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether we're having a boy or a girl. Either way, our baby is constantly moving and shifting, though I still can't feel it. Apparently this week, I am supposed to expect bigger boobs (Lord help me), fatigue, nausea, and insomnia. Check, check, check, and check. But woo hoo.....baby should have all it's body parts and I have picked a doctor to help bring it into the world! I have 1 more appt with our infertility doctor next Wednesday (5/14) and then should be released to a regular OB. I called and got an appt w/ our chosen OB for the very next Wednesday (5/21). Now that I have reached the 8 week mark, I am going to allow myself 1 caffeinated beverage per day to see if I can perk up a little and accomplish a little more at home after the work day. Maybe Brad will lay off the sleepy head comments! :)

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
-- Maori Proverb.

2 comments:

alicia said...

oh I am so glad you found an OB! So stressful! Can't wait to hear how both appointments go.

Jenn said...

awww, baby Kidney Bean is adorable. :) I can't wait to see his/her mommy!! :) I got her some new clothes! :)

Happy Mother's Day!

-Jenn & Nate