Sunday, April 13, 2008

Green and Loving it!


Kermit always said, "It ain't easy being green!", but I don't mind so much. I'm happy that the morning sickness symptoms have started. Makes me feel more pregnant. Of course, Brad will soon tire of not being allowed to eat foods with strong smells or to discuss those foods! LOL! Today was better than yesterday; this afternoon I actually choked down my prenatal vitamins without tossing them a moment later. Yesterday I was pretty green all day. I'm enjoying feeling tangible evidence of this pregnancy. Dare I say, the life growing inside me (warning the cheese factor is a little high). Tomorrow, I have an early morning doctor's appt to check my hormone levels (HcG and progesterone). I will find out by early afternoon if I'm in the clear (for now) on those levels. Hopefully, I will get to decrease my progesterone supplement from 3x/day to 2x/day. Then in about 2 weeks I will get an u/s to see the heartbeat(s). These are very exciting, but nerve-racking, times. I am keeping my optimistic outlook; it has served me well so far!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

-- Helen Keller.

0 comments: