Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Seeing is Believing!


Awwwwwwwww! That is our little baby! It is a singleton! We had our first u/s this afternoon and here is the proof! Ha! The black circle is the amniotic sac and the little peanut-like blob in the right side of the sac is our baby! I, of course, teared up when I saw the first inkling of the sac and boo hoo'd when I saw the flickering heart beat on the screen. Amazing!!! I love the little one already. Brad was in awe and we were both positively giddy at dinner just afterwards! After dinner we stopped at Babies R' Us and bought the baby it's first presents! Tiny newborn sized fuzzy white socks and a monkey! After all, haven't you always wanted a monkey?

Anyhow, we go back to the fertility doc on May 14th for a second u/s. If everything looks good, then we will be discharged to a regular OB/GYN (no pressure but I still need to decide on one!!). I am all smiles. I am off the no exercise restriction as well as the "vaginal rest"...LOL! I got to decrease my Prometrium dosage to 1x/day and will likely wean completely off of it after the next u/s. We will be touring a few hospitals over the next few weekends...to help us pick an OB/GYN. Of course we haven't lived in the Cincy area long enough to become acquainted w/ the hospitals (fortunately) so that will be a challenge. I am looking forward to every step but will be glad to have the OB/GYN under our belt....or at least mine...hahaha.

The line between failure and success is so fine
that we scarcely know when we pass it;
so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it.

-- Elbert Hubbard.

4 comments:

cjsayers77 said...

Your baby is soooo cute! hehe... oh and I so sang "Haven't you always wanted a monKEY"... lol

Jen J said...

HOORAY!!!

It's official!!!! (Not that it wasn't before!) Like you said though, "Seeing is BELIEVING!"

BELIEVE IT GIRLFRIEND!

You are PREGNANT!!!

And I'm over the moon for you!

Candi said...

Congrats mommy and daddy!! I bet you are so proud!!

alicia said...

SOOO CUTE!!! So happy for you missy!