Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sleep is for sissies...part 3....


Valentine's Day was a flurry of activity.....Ben was the only one who got any rest....we didn't get home until 3 a.m.........

..

We went to Brad's friend, and co-worker, Bob's wedding in Louisville. Two minutes into the wedding, Ben managed a giant, stinky poo. I quickly found a nun and was shown to the nursery in the cathedral basement where I spent the first half of the wedding. Upon making it back to my pew to join Brad, Ben promptly, and audibly, filled his diaper once again. Brad spent the second half of the wedding in cathedral basement. It really was a lovely ceremony..I'm sure...



Below are Brad and his friends at the wedding, groom included....

(Left to right, Ben, Bob, Brad, and Jim)

Not to be outdone, all the female counterparts to the above men also had a Kodak moment w/ Bob....

(Left to right, Lena, Bob, Sherry, and me....in case you were wondering I was wearing 3 in heels & I am already 5'11")

Also this week (Monday 02/16/09), Ben got his first haircut! Brad used his hair clippers to eliminate the baby mullet that Ben had going on! Its amazing how much lighter in color Ben's hair has gotten since birth!

.

And now we have gone full circle w/ the update because it is snowing AGAIN! Ben and I are home in the warm house....I hear the call of the changing pad....Ben has defiled another diaper and is quite pleased w/ himself. I, on the other hand, am hoping that he settles in for a nap so that I might join him......I have been running on fumes in the sleep dept since I returned to work. Sleep is for sissies though right? I don't want him to grow up too fast because I love all of the wondrous baby moments...but I will do a happy dance the day he sleeps through the night....
.
(Henry is feeling frisky....he LOVES the snow!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This Nana was having baby news withdrawal. So glad to hear all is well, though drowsy for Ben's mama. He is so beautiful. Can't wait to see him again. Take a good nap, Lauren! Love you all.
Jane

Jenn said...

I love the picture of sacked out Ben! Too cute! I really hope you're able to get caught up on some sleep this weekend!

Jenn said...

And in the words of the wise- BNL -

Who needs sleep?
(well you're never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep?
(tell me what's that for)
Who needs sleep?
(be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
since the Second World War)