Thursday, February 26, 2009

3 months and going strong......

This Saturday, Ben will be 3 months old!! I am going to schedule pictures for next week to mark the occasion. He has done an amazing amount of growing and developing in his short 3 months of life. He has great head control, he is babbling and smiling, and even rolling to one side from his back. He is paying more attention to his surroundings and interacting w/ people and objects more and more.

We could not have anticipated Ben's love of the Bumbo seat. He is very happy to spend 10 or 15 minutes in it a couple times a day. He loves sitting upright and excitedly bats at the toys hanging from his activity gym, babbling and drooling all the while. The drooling is crazy these days, you would think it was pre-teething drooling in its volume but I know we should be months away from tooth-dom.

.

Ben is the proud hand-me-down wearer of his cousin, 2 yrs his senior, Trey's clothes. The adorably grown up sweater and dress pants outfit below are his duds for today's running around. We are going to check up on my friend Tracy's house (she moved back to her home town in IL but her house is still for sale here) and to scope out some baby shower decorations for the shower I am helping to plan for a co-worker and friend, Amy, who is due in June.


Ok so he looks so cute in it I had to post 2 pictures.


In other news, I need to solicit prayers for my BFF, Jenn H., and her sweet little boy Nate. He was in the hospital this week because of an infected and greatly swollen submandibular lymph node. He was released the next day, after loads of testing, but is anticipated to have his lymph node surgically removed and biopsied in about a week unless the infection resolves on its own. He has been a trooper and I know mommy Jenn and daddy Mike have been very stressed. I'm sending prayers up daily and ask everyone else to do the same! We love you Nate!


“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”.
--Brandi Snyder

1 comments:

Candi said...

Ben is adorable! I will be sure to say a prayer for your BFF and her lil boy.