Thursday, May 29, 2008

11 weeks: Baby Fig


Our baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Baby Fig's hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under gums, and some of baby's bones are beginning to harden.

According to my pregnancy book and internet reading, Baby Fig is already busy kicking and stretching. These movements will become more frequent as Baby's body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I still won't feel any of it for another month or two — nor will I notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that Baby's diaphragm is forming. Fingernails are forming too. Baby's neck is developing and lengthening and the chin is rising from the chest. Baby's head is almost half the length of it's body (takes after Brad...haha).

I don't know if it's the reintroduction of a sparse amount of caffeine or the relenting of first trimester pregnancy fatigue, but I cleaned the house tonight. My former Martha Stewart cleaning prowess has been reawakened. I have a little heartburn, especially if I eat tomato sauce or garlic but that's a small worry. I am still eating fruit like it's my job.

My next OB appt is on June 19th. I won't have an u/s, only a doppler to hear the heartbeat (still exciting!!). I also have to come to my appt w/ my first morning urine in hand. I'll keep you updated, but for now its bedtime! Goodnight!


Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand.

3 comments:

alicia said...

yay June 19th!!

Sara Lou said...

YAY LAUREN'S FIG! LOL
I'm so excited to read your blog...

Keep Cooking!
*SaraLou*

Jenn said...

June 19th will be here before you know it! I hope to get to see baby fig in oven and mommy oven before then!

Your birthday is coming up VERY soon!!! :)

-Jenn & Nate